We are open and currently running as follows:
- Classes | Virtual Livestream (Classes In Studio have been temporarily suspended for the Christmas period)
- Workshops | In Studio
- Teacher Trainings | In Studio
- Teacher Trainings | Virtual Livestream
Latest Updates on Opening
Our studio is open for teacher trainings, workshops and classes. Our top priority is that the Shala continues to be a safe sanctuary for all and when operating in the studio we have reduced our mat capacity by around 50%. We are committed to doing our best to remould the Shala for the new era so it can continue to offer the highest quality teaching to support physical and mental health within our community.
We have a “hybrid” offering with small socially distanced groups in the studio and the option to live stream the same class at home. Each hybrid training, workshop or class will appear twice on our schedule with the option for an IN STUDIO or a VIRTUAL experience. Some trainings, workshops and classes will remain VIRTUAL only, a few will be IN STUDIO only. Please be aware that our schedule is subject to change as we respond to the changing climate and demand and over the Christmas period we are going mostly online
How We Are Keeping the Shala Safe
Although most the original mandatory government Covid restrictions were lifted, we are continuing to follow most of the original government guidelines. Here are the key things that we are doing:
- When operating IN STUDIO, we have decreased capacity to about 55% of our pre-Covid capacity. Our two larger studio will be capped at max 14 mats spaced at 1.5 meters apart. (On occasion we open up the Mysore studio to the adjoining one which gives a maximum capacity of 18)
- We have fewer classes and longer turnaround times between classes.
- All our regular teachers have been double vaccinated
- The majority of our teachers would like to offer hands-on adjustments and assists and will request permission to do this at the start of a class.
- Studios will be ventilated between classes and where possible windows will be left open for maximum air circulation.
- Face coverings are currently required in the communal areas of the building.
- Some studio props are now available for use (blocks and bricks) and if used it is the student’s responsibility to sanitise before and after use
- We encourage students to bring their own mats but we have some available for use – again it is the student’s responsibIlity to sanitise before AND after use
- Blankets and bolsters will be used only for monthly workshops.
- The women’s changing room will be open.
- The men’s changing room remains closed, though you may use the shower cubicles to change.
- Showers will remain closed.
- Touch points and handles will be sanitised daily and studios will be regularly cleaned
- For workshop attendance we will encourage the use of lateral flow testing for students prior to attending
- For teacher trainings lateral flow testing for students will be required before Day 1 and Day 3 of coming in
Our latest Newsletter - 17 December
It’s the week before Christmas and we have some good news and some important news:
In light of recent events, we have made the decision to move all of our classes online through Christmas. So, from 18 December through 27 December, we will have a reduced VIRTUAL class schedule so we can do our part in supporting you spending time with your loved ones and so our teachers can take a much needed break. See our full Christmas schedule here.
We will monitor the situation closely and assess after Christmas. For now, we ask that – if you have any bookings in studio between 28 December and 2 January – please check our website / your email for updates and/or changes.
We’d love to gather with you in spirit and have some closure on what has been such a difficult year. So, we are offering the gift of healing & nourishment this Solstice. Please join us for a FREE Winter Solstice Sound Bath online event with Anne Malone – details below.
Remember – anyone on a VIRTUAL membership can take advantage of our free ON DEMAND library which allows you to practice anytime and anywhere! So, wherever you spend this holiday season, we are here to support you and your practice.
To our Shala community – we wish you a safe, happy and love-filled holiday season.