We are open and currently running as follows:
- Classes | In Studio & Virtual Livestream
- Workshops | In Studio
- Teacher Trainings | In Studio
- Teacher Trainings | Virtual Livestream
Our latest Newsletter - 7 March 2022
It’s Spring – a time of renewal and with all that is going on in the world, we can feel how important this is. April is also Stress Awareness Month and we can think of no better way to de-stress than to share the yoga love with a friend, to connect and to rebuild community after these 2 solitary years!
Invite a yogi/ni friend for a FREE class with us, or entice someone you have always wanted to get on the mat. You can share one of our classes together from beginners’ flow to relax & restore, self-practice or intuitive flow.
**Offer valid through April.**
Use the code𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗔𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 at checkout.
(can only be used when you bring a friend with you to class & once per person).
COMING UP AT THE SHALA
FRONT BODY EXTENSIONS | IN STUDIO
– an Ashtanga Second Series Workshop –
Saturday 30 April | 14:00 – 16:30 | Inna Costantini | £35
EXPLORING NIDRA | ONLINE
Sunday 1 May | 10:00 – 12:00 | Melanie Cooper | £20
UNION – A DAY OF COMMUNITY & CONNECTION at the Shala
Monday 2 May | ALL DAY
SAVE THE DATE & WATCH THIS SPACE
for all the details & booking info!
The Shala is embracing the Spring season with the gift of yoga and will be open to all for FREEyoga classes plus TEA, FOOD and a KIRTAN!
PLUS, an introductory session to our 200 HR TT for anyone curious about teacher training.
Come join us for a practice, a tea and a chance to hang out and connect!
BREATHING PRACTICES FOR CHILDREN | IN STUDIO
– a workshop for adults –
Saturday 7 May | 14:00 – 16:30 | Ayala Homossany | £45
HOLISTIC BIRTH REHEARSAL | IN STUDIO
– a couples workshop –
Saturday 14 May | 14:00 – 17:00 | Alexa Dean | £125
Latest Updates on Opening
7 March 2022
Our studio is OPEN for teacher trainings, workshops and classes. Our top priority is that the Shala continues to be a safe sanctuary for all and when operating in the studio we have reduced our mat capacity by around 50%. We are committed to doing our best to remould the Shala for the new era so it can continue to offer the highest quality teaching to support physical and mental health within our community.
We have a “hybrid” offering with small socially distanced groups in the studio and the option to live stream the same class at home. Each hybrid training, workshop or class will appear twice on our schedule with the option for an IN STUDIO or a VIRTUAL experience. Some trainings, workshops and classes may be offered as IN STUDIO or VIRTUAL only. VIRTUAL classes are recorded and accessible for 48 hours from class time.
*Please be aware that our schedule is subject to change as we respond coronavirus cases.
How We Are Keeping the Shala Safe
Although most the original mandatory government Covid restrictions have been lifted, we are continuing to follow most of the original government guidelines. Here are the key things that we are doing:
- When operating IN STUDIO, we have decreased capacity to about 55% of our pre-Covid capacity. Our Mysore studio will be capped at max 20 mats spaced at a minimum of 1 meter apart and our Hampi studio will be capped at 18 mats spaced at a minimum of 1 meter apart.
- We have fewer classes and longer turnaround times between classes.
- All our regular teachers have been double vaccinated
- The majority of our teachers would like to offer hands-on adjustments and assists and will request permission to do this at the start of a class.
- Studios will be ventilated between classes and where possible windows will be left open for maximum air circulation.
- Face coverings are currently recommended in the communal areas of the building.
- Some studio props are now available for use (blocks and bricks) and if used it is the student’s responsibility to sanitise before and after use.
- We encourage students to bring their own mats but we have some available for use – again it is the student’s responsibIlity to sanitise before AND after use.
- Blankets and bolsters will be quarantined between classes.
- The women’s changing room will be open.
- The men’s changing room remains closed, though you may use the shower cubicles to change.
- Touch points and handles will be sanitised daily and studios will be regularly cleaned.
- For workshop attendance, we will encourage the use of lateral flow testing for students prior to attending
- For teacher trainings, lateral flow testing for students will be required before Day 1 and Day 3 of coming