Yoga Teacher Training Bursaries and Scholarships
At the Shala, we welcome people of all ages, with all levels of experience and abilities. We build our team from people in the local community who themselves come from all walks of life. Yoga is about inclusivity and we aim to cultivate this within our training school and yoga centre.
As an independent yoga studio, the Shala focuses on creating positive change and providing a sanctuary within for our community; a place of healing and nurturing for all who come through our door. In keeping with this, we are committed to fostering inclusivity, diversity and accessibility within yoga and within The Shala and it’s affiliated training school, The Shala School of Yoga.
As part of our commitment to inclusivity and creating positive change, the Shala offers a 50% bursary on each of our modules for those from marginalised groups, vulnerable groups and/or those from currently underrepresented ethnic groups within the yoga/wellness industry. We ask that all applications for our bursary / scholarship scheme share our intention and aim to use their training as a force for positive social change.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A BURSARY
All three of the following criteria should apply:
– If you meet the application criteria for a Teacher Training or CPD course
– If you are from a marginalised group, vulnerable group and/or from a currently underrepresented ethnic group within the yoga/wellness industry
– If you are unable to attend the course due to financial circumstances
WHEN SHOULD YOU APPLY FOR A BURSARY
We recommend applying more than 6 weeks before the course for which you are applying starts. Depending on how many applications we have for that bursary, we may still accept late applications up to 4 weeks before the course start date but early applications are recommended
- Complete our our Shala Scholarship / Bursary Application Form. You will be asked to write a personal statement detailing your eligibility for this bursary and why you deserve to be the recipient. Please note that this is Diversity and Inclusion Bursary – we encourage applicants to include information about background (ethnic identity, culture, religion, sexuality, gender, etc.), your personal financial need, and how you intend to use your training to make a positive social impact. If you would prefer to submit a short video of yourself talking your answers to our questions, then please return the form with a link to a recording.
- We may invite a select number of applicants to a short, informal interview via Zoom.
- Applications will then be shortlisted and the final place will be randomly selected from that shortlist.
- The successful candidate will be notified 3-6 weeks before the start date of each course.
In addition to this bursary, we do offer discounts for those in financial need on a case-by-case basis. To enquire, please email email@example.com.
- If you are offered a place, the place will be held open for you for 7 days. On accepting the offer, you will need to pay the course deposit and confirm in writing your acceptance of the place. The second instalment payment will be amended to reflect the discount
- The Diversity & Inclusion Bursary offers 50% discount on the training.
- If you are offered a Bursary place, which you then do not accept, please note that it is not possible to reapply for a Bursary with us, unless there are extenuating circumstances for not accepting the place.
- If you are eligible for the Bursary and your application is not successful, you are welcome to reapply for a different Bursary.
- Please note that in the event you cancel your Bursary place on a course, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable and your place on the course is guided by the Shala School of Yoga T&Cs HERE
- You will receive a pre-course email closer to the start of the course
- At the end of the course, we require Bursary recipients to fill out our short course survey and write a few words about their experience. If possible we would be grateful if this could be shared with a picture (portrait, or something abstract if you prefer) so that we can share this on our website where we would like to create a section about our Bursary Recipients. This may also be shared with your permission on our social networks. If you prefer to remain anonymous that is also fine.