Weekend Forest Yoga Retreat, East Sussex
Gingi Lee | 17 May to 19 May 2024 | £395
Gingi Lee will be running this nourishing and uplifting weekend retreat set in the heart of the magical Ashdown Forest, just an hour’s train journey or drive out of South London. There will be seven yoga sessions across three days days (see detailed schedule below) including energising flow yoga, pranayama, chanting and meditation and two Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra sessions with Emma Landolt. The retreat is set in a beautiful peaceful setting with simple modest single accommodation and two locally sourced vegetarian meals a day included in the price. Free pick up from East Grinstead train station is available – first come first served – see more below.
About your stay
Emerson College is a nature inspired Explorative Creative learning centre in the heart of Forest Row. A biodynamic farm shop and café is attached within walking distance. It sits within a stunning 22-acre Botanic Garden with beautiful ponds, lawns and flower beds, a vegetable garden, an apple orchard and a wood full of bluebells in spring. All the land is managed biodynamically with many rare trees and over 100 medicinal plants, all of which creates an enchanting environment. The magical Ashdown Forest with its many walking trails lies just beyond.
The venue is simple, natural, peaceful, with lots of light and space.
The kitchen garden supplies the kitchen with fresh vegetables, salads and herbs. Any food that is not grown in the garden, is sourced locally and organically to create nourishing vegetarian meals. Gluten free and vegan diets can be catered for on request and for those with other special diets self-catering facilities are available.
We are delighted to announce that Emerson is opening a NEW cafe should you wish to have a bit of breakfast or an additional snack across the weekend.
Gingi Lee – Founder & Co-Director of the Shala & The Shala School of Yoga, RYT-500 Lead Teacher Trainer, Senior Ashtanga Yoga, Aerial & Yamuna Bodyrolling Teacher
Gingi is the Co-director of the Shala and founded the studio in 1997 as one of London’s first dedicated ashtanga yoga centre. He has been teaching yoga for over 25 years and is one of the country’s most senior ashtanga yoga teachers.
For 25 years, Gingi has focused his energy on teaching at his centre in South London, alongside hosting yoga holidays and workshops abroad. He has played a key role in popularising ashtanga yoga in the UK and has taught, trained and inspired many British yoga teachers. In 2016 he established the Shala School of Yoga teacher training programme and he has been focused on training a new generation of teachers. Gingi is a well-respected teacher who has remained at the forefront of the yoga community. His teaching is characterised by sensitivity, warmth and a deep commitment to the practice.
Emma Landolt – Yin Yang, Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow & Yoga Nidra Teacher
Emma has been a passionate and dedicated yoga practitioner for more than 15 years and has been teaching since 2013. She initially turned to yoga to help a shoulder injury and was greatly inspired by the healing transformation that took place in her body as her yoga practice deepened. Her love of yoga took her to India where she trained and she now focuses on teaching Elemental Flow, Yin and Nidra.
Single rooms are in student chalet-style houses, with shared bathroom facilities. The rooms are simple, “no frills”, modest, rustic, quiet and comfortable.
- All rooms are single occupancy. We may be able to book one or two twin rooms on request.
- Bedrooms have shared toilets and showers.
- Some bedrooms have a wash basin.
- Bed linen and towels are provided and are included in the price.
- Free WIFI is available in designated areas of the venue.
- Coffee (instant) and tea making facilities in kitchens.
- 3:30 – 4:45 pm | Arrivals
- 3:50 pm | Pick up from East Grinstead train station (pre-bookings transfer is required)
- 5-6:00 pm | Welcome and Gentle Grounding Practice | Gingi
- 6:15 pm | Dinner
- 7:30-8:30 pm | Evening Meditation & Relaxation | Gingi
- 8:30-9:30 am | Gentle Awakening Practice | Gingi
- 10.30-12 pm | Energising Flow | Gingi
- 12:45 pm | Lunch
- 1:30 pm | Free time (explore the forest, walk to Tablehurst Farm shop/cafe, have a rest, chat…)
- 3:30 pm | Afternoon Tea
- 4-6:00 pm | Yin & Nidra | Emma Landolt
- 6:15 pm | Supper
- Evening | Free Time. If weather permits we usually have a fireside gathering at sunset (optional)
- 9:30-11:30 am | Energising Flow | Gingi
- 12:45 pm | Lunch
- 1:30 pm | Room Check Out TBC
- 2-4:00 pm | Yin & Nidra | Emma Landolt
- 4:00-4:30 pm | Closing
Exploring the Area
- Walks: Forest Way, Ashdown Forest
- Cafes in Forest Row: Tablehurst Farm, Seasons
- Places to Visit: Eridge Deer Park, Wakehurst Place
- 3:50 pm option FREE pick up from East Grinstead Train Station (must be booked separately by clicking on button below.
- If you do need to cancel this pickup, please do so at least 48 hours in advance so a space can be released to the waiting list, if necessary.
- If you are arriving later than 4:45 pm please email us in advance.
Residential – £395
A non-refundable deposit of £150 is required on booking.
- accommodation x 2 nights
- lunch x 2
- dinner x 2
- tea and coffee
- yoga sessions x 7
- admin fee
- transfer from East Grinstead station
Not included: breakfast, treatments, snacks and additional drinks
Deposits & Payment Plan
- £200 of the fee is taken on behalf of Emerson College.
- The deposit is non refundable and non transferable.
- A 3-installment payment plan is automatically set up (£150 deposit, £125 taken 30 days later with the final payment of £120 taken 60 days after booking.
- Please note that if you book within 30 days of the event, full payment will be taken and if booked within 60 days, only 2 installments are possible.
- Please ensure that your card details are saved so that the second payment can be automated. Thank you.
- Additional Retreat Dates – if you cannot make our retreat in May, please join our late summer Retreat in September.
Please register your interest in this course so we can keep you updated.