Yoga Sequencing Teacher Training | IN STUDIO or VIRTUAL | 40 hours
40-hour Training IN STUDIO or LIVESTREAMED ONLINE
This 4-day yoga sequencing teacher training is both theoretical and creative, giving you the tools and the inspiration with which to confidently create your own sequencing. It can be attended as a stand-alone course or as an optional module on our 300-hour programme.
Yoga Sequencing Teacher Training | Course Overview
Melanie Cooper will take you through what it takes to create intelligent yoga sequences, which work energetically and anatomically. Melanie place a strong emphasis on exploration and creativity, alongside practical building blocks to create a solid foundation from which to work. The course will cover a wide range of topics from modifications and transitions to peak poses, inclusivity and playlists. From the training you will gain:
- a framework to guide your sequencing
- guidance on how to adapt week-to-week
- how to include mobility and stability in your sequence
- exploration of embodied movement
- somatic inspiration
- an opportunity to create your own sequence and receive individual feedback on it
- follow up feedback on scripts or recordings
- access to an online group for peer support and free resources
Learning how to sequence will greatly expand your horizons as a teacher, equipping you with the tools to keep your classes alive and inspiring.
Yoga Sequencing Teacher Training |Course Content
You will learn how to:
- get started with a new sequence
- plan, write down and remember your sequence
- seamlessly build options and modifications into your sequencing
- use mini flows and natural free movement to explore movement stillness, expansion contraction, mobility and stability, foundation and freedom
- build up layers so you can work with multi-level classes and build from more static alignment based to a powerful flow in a way that is inclusive and safe
- make sure that your transitions are seamless and your whole class FLOWS and gels together
- find your voice as a teacher
- make the sequences safe and intelligent, compassionate and inclusive
- build to a peak pose and calms back down to rest
- sequence a theme
- embody anatomical knowledge to make your sequences safe and aligned with your body-mind in each moment
- build a nourishing but challenging home practice and how to use that as a basis for your teaching
- adapt a sequence to make the most out it
- adapt your sequencing for drop in classes, courses, retreats
- make play lists and work with music so it integrates and supports your practice and teaching
- respond to the needs of the class in the moment
Melanie Cooper (E-RYT 500)
Melanie has also been teaching yoga since 1997 and teaching on a wide variety of teacher trainings since 2010. She is passionate about the ability of yoga to heal and transform peoples’ lives and her deep connection to and love of yoga is evident in her teachings.
Melanie divides her time between the UK and Goa running teacher trainings and retreats in UK, Sweden, Crete and India. She is the author of ‘Teaching Yoga Adjusting Asana’. Read Melanie’s full biography here.
Melanie has an extensive experience teaching yoga and yoga teacher trainings – and what they keep coming back to is how important it is to be authentic, to find “your voice” as a teacher and to have the courage to be YOURSELF when you are teaching.
Working as a yoga teacher is amazing – but it also takes a lot of energy – and can be very draining if you do not look after yourself. It’s very easy to not give ourselves that time/attention/self care – so in the training we will also place emphasis on how to create space for your own health and practice: to stay balanced and mentally strong.
Dates for March 2023 to be confirmed
Fri 10 March 2023 SESSION 1
9am - 5:30pm
Sat 11 March 2023 SESSION 2
9am - 5:30pm
Sun 12 March 2023 SESSION 3
9am - 5:30pm
Mon 13 March 2023 SESSION 4
9am - 5:30pm