the shala school of yoga
terms & conditions
Trainings at the Shala School of Yoga are run independently by the teachers and all payments for training services are accepted by the Shala School of Yoga on behalf of the individual teachers hosting the course.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- Without exception, all course deposits are non-refundable and non transferable
- The remaining balance is transferable or refundable 22 days or more before the course start date
- There is no option for a transfer or refund if cancelling within 21 days of the course start date
- Late cancellations and no shows are charged as if you had attended the course
- In the event that a training is cancelled by the teacher / Shala School of Yoga, you will be offered a full refund or the option to be transferred to an alternative event
- If you book a course and wish to switch from LIVESTREAM ONLINE to IN STUDIO, or vice versa, this is possible (space permitting).We require a minimum of 48 hours notice before the course start and there is an admin fee of £25 to do so.
- Please note that in the current climate it is difficult to predict what students will opt for when a course is offered as a HYBRID course. As a result, we reserve the right to make HYBRID a course LIVESTREAM ONLINE only if less than 5 people opt for IN STUDIO. If this is the case, you will be offered the option to transfer to livestream or be refunded.
IN STUDIO COURSES
- Maximum capacity for IN STUDIO courses varies from 15 students upwards and will never exceed 25 students.
- Most of our courses are accredited by the Yoga Alliance in the USA. This is different to the Yoga Alliance Professionals in the UK YAP.
- If you are doing any of our modules, you usually have two options 1) allocate the hours towards a 300-hour programme 2) register the hours as YACEP CPD hours under the teacher running the course – if the teacher themselves is registered.
- For each course we highlight the options for accreditation/certification in the practical information at the bottom of each page
- If you have a 200-hour with Yoga Alliance (USA) and you then do our 300-hour (also accredited by the Yoga Alliance (USA) then you will be able to register as a 500-hour teacher with the YA.
- If your 200-hour is registered with a different governing body (ie Yoga Alliance Professionals YAP) you may still apply for our 300-hour and will still have 500-hours of training, however you will not be able to officially register as 500-hours with one organisation.
- Any IN STUDIO attendees with possible symptoms of Covid are requested to take a lateral flow Covid test before coming to the studio.
- If you need to self-isolate due to Covid, we will do our best to facilitate attendance virtually or on catch up
- If this course is IN STUDIO only you will be offered the opportunity to transfer to the next course.
- The course leaders and the Shala School of Yoga reserve the right to photograph or film during the course and to use these images for our website and marketing purposes. If you do not wish to appear in the photograph or films, please make this known to the teacher at the outset of the course. Thank you
- Please note that all course material is the Intellectual Property of the teacher(s). Therefor intellectual content including illustrations, imagery and videos cannot be reproduced. This includes re-writing or reproducing in your own words to use in a training workshop, teacher training or any other public event other than classes. We kindly ask that you contact the teacher to discuss and gain permission if you would like to use training content for any public training, so we can discuss the ramifications, as well as see if any collaboration is possible.
We are fully committed to providing the most accurate experience on the course based upon the description and we encourage open and honest communication throughout. Should you wish to make any complaints or raise any issues, please follow the procedure laid out below so we can find a resolution as quickly as possible.
You may involve someone else to support you at any stage.
Stage One: email the teacher training team within 3 days after your experience and try to resolve the issue informally. The teacher training team will aim to come back to you within 2 working days with a resolution. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received, follow stage two.
Stage Two: Outline the details of your complaint by email to the teacher training team who will investigate the complaint in more detail. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days from the date it is received. Please include the following information in your email:
- The date(s) that the incident happened
- Class/course/workshop the complaint stems from
- Why you are complaining and what resolution you would expect.
- Whether you want to make the complaint anonymously or not (in the case of anybody at risk we have the right to break confidentiality in order to try and prevent the risk)
The teacher training team will then investigate the complaint through reviewing the details, and in some cases possibly writing to the tutor or person about whom the complaint has been made. The letter will outline the main elements of your complaint and ask for a full written response.
At this point, if further relevant information comes to light, you may be asked for your comments to ensure the investigator has a balanced understanding. When your response has been received, the investigator will consider all the information available to them and make a decision.
- The response will include the following information:
- Details of the investigation
- A decision about whether the complaint was upheld or not
- The reason for the decision
- The re-dress, if appropriate, will be offered to you, for example, an apology, additional help or directing you to other sources of advice or support
- Any other action that may be taken in the light of the complaint
If it is not possible to provide a full answer to your complaint within 30 working days, the letter will outline reasons why and give a date by which a full answer is expected.