Beginners Ashtanga Yoga Course
In West Norwood & Dulwich
This 5-day introductory course is carefully designed to set the foundations of your yoga practice and provide an intensive and focused introduction to ashtanga yoga and its benefits. These courses are ideal for those who are completely new to yoga as well as for those who are looking to reestablish their practice. The course paves the way for you to establish a “self-practice” should you wish, which can be continued at home or in our regular “Mysore” classes.
Each course introduces students to a set sequence of postures, breath control and core strength as well as elements of meditation and relaxation. It will encourage you to learn to be receptive to your own level, speed and breath.
There will be five sessions every weekday morning for one week which will establish the positive aspects of a regular practice. The focus will be on:
- familiarisation with the first part of the ashtanga primary sequence
- synchronising breath to movement
- building internal core strength
- specific detail on alignment
- building strength and flexibility
- understanding the polarity of grounding and lifting
- deep meditative relaxation process
This is an ideal way to establish a regular practice and access the benefits of yoga within just a few days. See our short film here for more on the benefits of yoga.