in South London
This workshop will be the first in our new series of Bodyrolling sessions at the Shala, introducing the unique practice of Yamuna Bodyrolling. Bodyrolling is a complimentary health system, which perfectly compliments yoga, empowering us to maintain our own body structures, thus healing and preventing pain, illness and injury. The system teaches us to reorganise and improve our own anatomy, It is a powerful and profound self-fixing and maintaining tool that everyone can do regardless of age or physical limitations.
Fundamentally, the system enables us to:
- maintain our bodies, preventing injuries
- keep the body moving freely and without restriction at every age
- improve circulation and organ function
- keep nerve roots of the spine activated and metabolically strong
- keep the bone healthy and young to maintain the general health and well being of the body
This whole body introductory workshop, will help to reorganise the body, bringing all the parts back to function the way they should. Using props created by Yamuna, you will be lead through routines taking you through the entire body:
- elongating muscles
- releasing the spine
- improving alignment
- deepening the breathing
- increasing relaxation response
The effects are instant and you will experience changes in your body after just one session. Similar but better than any deep massage, Bodyrolling is the ideal compliment to a yoga and Pilates practice, enabling you to deepen your practice, open up restricted areas, create space and develop an intuitive understanding of your own anatomy.
Suitable for all levels and all ages. Read more about Bodyrolling on our Blog.