Family Yoga for 8 years +
In West Norwood & Dulwich
In these family yoga workshops children aged 8+ and their parent will learn different techniques to regulate emotions and to communicate mindfully within a family unit. This age is key to maintaining the relationship of the family members as children transition into adulthood. As the child develops they become less interested in family time and more interested in spending time with their peers or alone. This can be an introspective time for children and a challenging time for parents. This class will allow for the parent and child to come together in a fun and non-stressful environment and provides a time for parents and children to bond whilst children are transforming into their teens. Classes are designed to teach families how to move mindfully with breath and relaxation techniques.
The classes are fun and make use of partner poses, games and meditations. For parents, the classes encourage living in the moment, letting go of frustrations and focusing on the adults that their children are becoming. Through mindfulness, visualisation, breathing and relaxation techniques, children and adults are taught to calm their minds and relax together, which can significantly help stressful situations that arise at home and at school. These techniques will also give the children/adolescents the tools to manage the fast paced modern world. Through yoga the child will learn self-efficacy and how to regulate their emotions, and this can be invaluable when learnt alongside their parent in a safe space.
Among the many benefits of this class, family yoga will:
- enhance strength, muscle tone and flexibility
- enhances self-efficacy
- promote self-esteem, self-worth and body awareness
- enable child/adolescent to learn to regulate emotions
- teach child/adolescent conflict management through problem solving games and techniques
- encourage compassion for self and for others
- strengthen bond between parent and child
- allow for an open and trusting family relationship •
- teach tools and strategies to calm and quieten the mind