Yoga Sequencing Teacher Training | HYBRID | 40 hours
40-hour Training HYBRID ( IN STUDIO OR LIVESTREAMED ONLINE)
This 4-day course is both theoretical and creative, giving you the tools and the inspiration with which to confidently create your own sequencing. It can be attended as a stand-alone course or as an optional module on our 300-hour programme.
Melanie Cooper and Jennie Wadsten will take you through what it takes to create intelligent yoga sequences, which work energetically and anatomically. They place a strong emphasis on exploration and creativity, alongside practical building blocks to create a solid foundation from which to work. The course will cover a wide range of topics from modifications and transitions to peak poses, inclusivity and playlists. From the training you will gain:
- a framework to guide your sequencing
- guidance on how to adapt week-to-week
- how to include mobility and stability in your sequence
- exploration of embodied movement
- somatic inspiration
- an opportunity to create your own sequence and receive individual feedback on it
- follow up feedback on scripts or recordings
- access to an online group for peer support and free resources
Learning how to sequence will greatly expand your horizons as a teacher, equipping you with the tools to keep your classes alive and inspiring.
You will learn how to:
- get started with a new sequence
- plan, write down and remember your sequence
- seamlessly build options and modifications into your sequencing
- use mini flows and natural free movement to explore movement stillness, expansion contraction, mobility and stability, foundation and freedom
- build up layers so you can work with multi-level classes and build from more static alignment based to a powerful flow in a way that is inclusive and safe
- make sure that your transitions are seamless and your whole class FLOWS and gels together
- find your voice as a teacher
- make the sequences safe and intelligent, compassionate and inclusive
- build to a peak pose and calms back down to rest
- sequence a theme
- embody anatomical knowledge to make your sequences safe and aligned with your body-mind in each moment
- build a nourishing but challenging home practice and how to use that as a basis for your teaching
- adapt a sequence to make the most out it
- adapt your sequencing for drop in classes, courses, retreats
- make play lists and work with music so it integrates and supports your practice and teaching
- respond to the needs of the class in the moment
Melanie Cooper (E-RYT 500) & Jennie Wadsten(E-RYT 500)
Melanie and Jennie have worked together for 10 years (yoga teacher trainings and retreats in India and Europe) and have 22 + 15 years full time experience of teaching yoga and teacher trainings. They have extensive experience teaching yoga and yoga teacher trainings – and what they keep coming back to is how important it is to be authentic, to find “your voice” as a teacher and to have the courage to be YOURSELF when you are teaching.
Working as a yoga teacher is amazing – but it also takes a lot of energy – and can be very draining if you do not look after yourself. It’s very easy to not give ourselves that time/attention/self care – so in the training we will also place emphasis on how to create space for your own health and practice: to stay balanced and mentally strong.
Read Melanie’s full biography here.
Read Jennie’s full biography here.
The course has the following modules scheduled:
Thursday 24 March 2022 SESSION 1
9am - 5:30pm
Friday 25 March 2022 SESSION 2
9am - 5:30pm
Saturday 26 March 2022 SESSION 3
9am - 5:30pm
Sunday 27 March 2022 SESSION 4
9am - 5:30pm