Our Mummy & Me Club is offered every first Tuesday of the month and is an intimate session for mums & babies to learn and experience baby massage.
This class emphasises on connection and presence. Alexa provides a relaxed and supportive space for dedicated parent and baby time, learning a valuable skill for life to support you and your baby.
You’ll learn techniques to: relax the baby’s diaphragm for full and efficient breathing; bring flexibility to hips and shoulders; and strengthen their back, arms and legs in preparation for sitting and standing. All of this happens in an atmosphere of loving, joyful play.
To get the most of out Mummy & Me Club, here are our recommendations:
- Please bring a towel for the baby and all bits and bobs including your own oil.
- We recommend organic virgin coconut oil. Avoid commercial baby oils as these are usually highly perfumed. As mineral oil they are cheap derivatives of crude petroleum. They tend to feel greasy and gritty and have no organic value.
- As a suggestion maybe also bring e a teddy bear or doll next to you in case baby falls asleep or is not interested in baby massage so you can still practice the sequence.
- We strongly recommend you arrive carrying your baby in a sling. Unfortunately, there is no space to leave prams in the ground floor. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- We do ask that you take away any dirty nappies with you when you leave the studio after class.