Yoga for Mental Health - A 'Living Yoga' Alchemy Workshop
Charli Van Ness | 1:30 - 4:00 pm | Sunday 22 October | Price: £35
Part 1 of our ‘Living Yoga’ Alchemy Series
This new series of workshops – led by Charli Van Ness – are dedicated to show us how we can apply yoga into our everyday living to help bring balance to our lives, enhance joy and learn to manage the tough days with a ‘yogic’ mindset. Charli will be bringing to you a variety of themes; Yoga for Mental Health (22nd October), Yoga for Healing (5th November), Yoga for Life (28th January), Yoga for Truth (25th February), Yoga for Connection (3rd March), Yoga for Sacred Self (19th May) and Yoga for Fun (23rd June). Though designed as a series, you can attend each as a stand alone entity.
Yoga for Mental Health
This ‘mood boosting’ workshop aims to increase your inner light as the warm cosy nights draw in, bring out the ‘snug’ element to yoga. Blankets, Props, Sensory Stimulants, Yummy Heart Warming Drinks and Immunity Boosting Treats…
For ‘clarity and calm’ in the mind. Learn practical tools as we step into Autumn to help support a ‘stable and positive mindset’ keeping ailments at bay such as; Depression, Stress, S.A.D, Anxiety + Neurodiversity. Achieved through the power of Breathwork (Pranayama) , Cleansing Techniques (Kriya), Mindfulness (Dharana), Meditation (Dhyana), Sacred Sound (Nada Yoga), Yoga Postures (Asana) and Freedom Movement (Sahaja).
In October, we recognise the World Mental Health Day Awareness on the 10th. The time of year where we start to notice a significant difference with the daylight hours here in the UK dropping from 16hrs in August to 11hrs a day in October.
Our bodies start to notice these changes and our mental health can start to significantly suffer because of it. Many people who are prone to Depression and S.A.D their symptoms can start to increase as we progress into Autumn and Winter. This workshop is to prepare you to prevent a fall in your mental health and find the ‘inner sunshine’ within learning practical tools to support you. You will be able to take away an ‘Yoga for Mental Health’ Tool Kit to help remind us of the beauty in the seasons and how we can listen to our bodies, mind and spirit by following these simple tools.
This Workshop Includes:
- Welcome Circle
- Gratitude Meditation – Withdrawal of the Senses (Pratyahara) to encourage presence, being in the moment and gratitude
- Breathwork Techniques (Pranayama) specifically to enhance the brain and boost the mood.
- Cleansing Techniques (Kriyas) to encourage the inner spirit to burn bright within.
- Yoga Postures (Asanas) Learn a choreographed sequence of postures specifically to improve your brain and hormonal health. Enjoy some restorative postures to help calm the nervous system and improve digestive + detox health
- Freedom Movement (Sahaja) Enjoy some spontaneity moving to some tracks specifically chosen to help override negative thought patterns and behaviours.
- Mindfulness Techniques (Dharana) to help encourage focus, stability and a clear mind.
- Meditation Techniques (Dhyana) to encourage stillness and feel oneness within, thus leading to inner joy and peace.
- Sacred Sound (Nada Yoga) experiences with sacred instruments and vocals to help encourage a positive mindset and bring resonance into your cellular being to clear, polish and align within.
- You will receive a ‘Yoga for Mental Health Alchemy ‘ Tool Kit to take home with you.
- Mood boosting herbal tea and cognitive enhancing heart warming cacao drink.
- Happy Mind Nutrient Dense Treats will also be available for you to enjoy.
Please note :
- This workshop is suitable for anyone, any level and ability.
- Please bring a notebook and pen.
- Wear comfortable clothes to practice yoga, your favourite blanket, mug. Don’t worry if you forget as we have plenty of blankets, mugs here for you to use.
- Please inform Charli Van Ness of any ailments and injuries either in advance or at the beginning of the workshop privately.
*Though part of a series, these are offered as stand alone workshops.