This couples birthing workshop includes: yoga poses, partnering poses, massage techniques, rebozo techniques, how to use breath and alignment to relieve aches and discomfort and a sweet way to connect with your partner whether your partner is a spouse, sister, mother, doula or friend! We finish with time for a Q&A, tea and biscuits.
This workshop will help couples connect deeply with their baby, during such a significant and intense time. The birthing-partner will learn how to best support the birthing woman, using their own body, and other props often helpful in childbirth.
Couples will have the chance to:
- Learn gentle yoga postures with an emphasis on working in pairs
- Work together as they might in labour
- Learn breathing and massage and touch techniques useful for pregnancy, and labour
- Learn movements and positions for labour and birth
- Learn and understand birth as a sexual event
- Enjoy a bonding meditation and visualization with your baby
A few notes about this workshop:
- No yoga experience is necessary
- The workshop is perfect for all trimesters, experience level, and body size.
- It does not matter how or where you are planning and hoping to have your baby.
- Couples are encouraged to come to the workshop more than once to consolidate learning and continue to build connection and trust.
- Do wear comfortable clothes for movement.
*Please note this is not a full birth preparation course, but a practical workshop to experience physical and emotional tools for labour and birth.
is a Doula, Hypnobirthing Childbirth Educator, Yoga Teacher, Massage Therapist and Co-Founder of ‘London Bliss Doulas’ established in 2012. She teaches Pregnancy Yoga classes weekly and runs our 60 HR Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training.
She passionately believes in active, positive and conscious birthing and in supporting women all the way through their own private and amazing experience of becoming a parent. She encourages women to intelligently align mind and body, enjoy their pregnancy and the empowerment obtained through knowledge and understanding of the process of birth.