Stability & Strength in Ashtanga | IN STUDIO - NEW DATE!!
with Inna Costantini
This workshop will aim to build stability and strength in our asana practice, with a focus on the fundamental postures of the Ashtanga sequence.
There will be an emphasis on details and alignment, to help us understand the structure of the asanas and we will seek to develop strength and balance, whilst exploring a variety of postures. We will also take time to create, observe and rest in the asanas; to find the foundation and grounding to open ourselves to the concentrated meditative experience of yoga.
The practice will also include seated postures, gentle backbends and inversions, and finish with restorative postures and pranayama.
The classes will cover:
- Physical and technical foundations
- Explore elements of the practice that are not always explored in detail in class.
- Energetic dimension of the asana practice.
OTHER WORKSHOPS IN THIS SERIES:
- Inversions and strength | 29 October 2022
- This is an intermediate level workshop and not suitable for beginners.
- Students must have a regular asana practice and some knowledge of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary series.
- Though part of a series, these are offered as stand-alone workshops (you do not need to attend all 3).
- Please inform the teacher of any injuries.