Arm Balances - An Exploration
Harriet Bone | 2–4.00pm Saturday 21 January | Price: £30
Have a chance to playfully put into practice various techniques to help you feel confident in developing your arm balances in a relaxed workshop environment.
We will start with a short asana practice to prepare followed by plenty of time and space to unpack a range of arm balances, to play, explore and enjoy the process of learning these challenging and rewarding postures, including:
- Bakasana – Crow
- Parsva Bakasana – Side crow
- Bhujapidasana – Shoulder pressing pose
- Tittibhasana – Firefly
- Eka Pada Galavasana – Flying pigeon
- Eka Pada Koundinyasana II – Pose dedicated to the sage Koundinya
Some of the Benefits of arm balance postures:
- Strength building, particularly in the core, arms, shoulder girdle and wrists
- Creates & increases flexibility
- Shown to prevent Osteoporosis
- Enhances balance reflexes (helping to prevent falls)
Join us to improve the arm balances you may already practice and try some new ones!