Maintaining a Healthy Back - Bodyrolling with Yamuna Zake
in South London
It is a great honour for us to welcome back world renowned Yamuna Zake to the Shala. This is a unique opportunity to practice Bodyrolling with its founder and innovator, Yamuna Zake, who rarely offers public masterclasses in London. Yamuna is truly a visionary and an extraordinary master teacher of body sustainability. Her unique Bodyrolling system has evolved into a global network of teachers and practitioners.
Bodyrolling is a complimentary health system empowering us to maintain our own body structure, thus healing and preventing pain, illness and injury. The system teaches us to reorganize and improve our own anatomy, It is a powerful and profound self-fixing and maintaining tool that everyone can do regardless of age or physical limitations.
Fundamentally, the system enables us to:
- maintain our bodies, preventing injuries, and keeping the body moving freely and without restriction at every age
- improve circulation and organ function
- keep nerve roots of the spine activated and metabolically strong
- keep the bone healthy and young to maintain the general health and well being of the body
This YBR workshop, taught by Yamuna herself will explore how to maintain a healthy back. If you have ever suffered from back pain and you want to prevent any back discomfort or weakness, this class will help you to:
- correct and maintain a healthy back
- build a long and strong back, maintaining healthy lumbar, thoracic and cervical vertebrae and discs
- correctly work the abdominal muscles so they support and protect the spine properly
Using props created by Yamuna, you will be lead through routines which:
- tone and elongate muscles
- release the spine
- improve alignment
- expand the lungs and deepen breathing
- increase relaxation response
- increase blood flow and circulation
- stimulate nerve roots and organs
- promote healing
The effects are instant and you will experience remarkable changes in your body after just one session.
Suitable for all levels, this workshop is highly recommended for anyone who has suffered from back issues of any kind. Similar but better than any massage therapy, Bodyrolling is also the ideal compliment to yoga – and other activities – enabling you to deepen your practice and develop an intuitive understanding of your own anatomy. You will also be able to continue the practice at home.
Read more about Bodyrolling on our blog.