Hip Focus - Yamuna Bodyrolling
in South London
Look after your hips. This area of the body is essential to maintaining flexibilty and strength at every age. The hips are the joining point of our upper torso and lower body and the origin point for the spine and leg muscles. Every step we take is influenced by our pelvic region. To have a healthy pelvic region influences the well-being of the entire body.
We make huge demands on our bodies in our modern day lives, due to regularly sitting in compromised positions in desk-based jobs, as well as because of impact sports and accidents that can dramatically effect hip alignment. Hip replacements are getting alarmingly more common even with the young.
Yamuna Bodyrolling (YBR) opens up the hip region, relieving pain and dramatically increasing joint range. It improves bone quality and circulation and gives the practitioner a method to help themselves, first to address hip problems, and second to maintain health through building an understanding of how to self heal. The effects are immediate.
This session is part of our ongoing series of monthly Yamuna Bodyrolling (YBR) workshops. Fundamentally, Bodyrolling enables us to:
- maintain our bodies, preventing injuries
- keep the body moving freely and without restriction at every age
- improve circulation and organ function
- keep the nerve roots of the spine activated and metabolically strong
- keep the bones healthy and young to maintain the general health and well-being of the body
This workshop will help to bring the pelvic region back to optimal function. Using props created by Yamuna, you will learn routines to:
- tone and elongate muscles
- release the spine
- improve alignment
- relax the nervous system
- increase blood flow and circulation
- stimulate nerve roots and organs
- develop core strength
- increase metabolism
- promote healing
Read more about this powerful therapeutic practice on our blog.