Virtual | Roll and Release | Full body bliss
in South London
This workshop will now take place online as a live event for the discounted price of £20. You will need your own Yamuna balls, one black and one Pearl or Gold ball.
This workshop introduces the unique practice of Yamuna Bodyrolling (YBR). Bodyrolling is a complimentary health system invented by the extraordinary visionary Yamuna Zake – a master teacher and healer who has dedicated her life to helping others to create positive change in their bodies. The system works perfectly alongside yoga and other physical activities. It empowers us to maintain our own body structures, thus healing and preventing pain, illness and injury. The system teaches us to reorganise and improve our own anatomy, freeing restrictions in all parts of the body. It is a powerful and profound self-fixing and maintaining tool that everyone can do regardless of age or physical limitations.
Fundamentally, the system enables us to:
- maintain our bodies, preventing injuries
- keep the body moving freely and without restriction at every age
- improve circulation and organ function
- keep the nerve roots of the spine activated and metabolically strong
- keep the bones healthy and young to maintain the general health and well-being of the body
This whole body introductory workshop will help to reorganise the body, bringing all the parts back to function the way they should. Using props created by Yamuna, you will be lead through routines taking you through the entire body:
- toning and elongating muscles
- releasing the spine
- improving alignment
- expanding the lungs and deepening the breath
- developing core strength
- relaxing the nervous system
- increasing blood flow and circulation
- stimulating nerve roots and organs
- increasing metabolism
- promoting healing
YBR is based on these fundamental principles:
- wherever there is pain, contraction, tightness, inflammation, atrophy or nerve pain, this is in general caused by lack of space
- the body has a natural logic and muscles release from origin to insertion -YBR re-educates each muscle to release into its optimal space
- YBR involves stimulation of the bone. Gentle pressure to bone will initiate release of tendons, which will rapidly create positive structural changes
- exerting traction on a muscle informs the muscle to release from origin to insertion point
- YBR reorganises the structure of the body so that it can function optimally
The effects are instant and you will experience changes in your body after just one session. Similar but better than any deep massage, Bodyrolling is the ideal compliment to a yoga and Pilates practice, enabling you to deepen your practice, open up restricted areas, create space and develop an intuitive understanding of your own anatomy.
Suitable for all levels and all ages. Read more about Bodyrolling on our Blog.