In West Norwood & Dulwich
This family yoga workshop provides a fun, flowing yoga experience for parents and children of 4 years and up. We will be using stories and props to mindfully move through different poses incorporating acrobatics, partner poses, props and games in a non-competitive and stimulating environment. We will also introduce breathing, meditation and relaxation in a fun and inclusive way. For children, behaviour improves as they learn to regulate their emotions. For parents, the workshop encourages living in the moment more with our children, appreciating time together, letting go of any frustrations and focusing more on the little people inside. Through mindfulness, visualisation and relaxation techniques, children and parents also learn to calm their minds and relax, which can significantly help with bed time and sleeping patterns.
In this busy modern age, it is proving difficult for families to find quality down time together in between school, activities, work and other commitments – not to mention the constant distraction of TV and computers. Family yoga sessions have been proven to improve and grow the family dynamic and allow for a special bonding time. Families leave workshops feeling more attentive toward each other as communication improves and each member becomes more aware of the other.
Among the many benefits, family yoga:
- promotes adaptability, confidence and self-esteem
- alleviates anxiety and depression and reduces stress
- enhances flexibility, strength and increases muscle tone, motor skills and awareness of body
- teaches how to self-regulate emotions
- improves behaviour and sleeping patterns
- strengthens family bonds and improves communication
Have a read of our latest articles to learn more about Family yoga and it's benefits:
- The price/booking is for 1 adult and 1 child - if you wish to bring an additional adult or child, there is a surcharge of £10 and you need to book this by calling the centre.
- Whilst we completely understand how challenging it is to coordinate your family, we kindly ask that you arrive on time so as not to disturb the workshop. If you are more than 15 minutes late you will not be able to join the event as it becomes too disruptive for the rest of the group.