Shala School of Yoga Apprenticeship Scheme
with Gingi Lee
After Easter we will be introducing our Mysore apprenticeship scheme for those wishing to develop their teaching skills working within an ashtanga self practice setting. The scheme is designed to follow on from our 200-hour foundation programme (or similar training programme) and the hours can be allocated towards our modular based advanced 500-hr teacher training, which we will be rolling out from 2019 onwards.
The scheme is the ideal opportunity for those who have begun their teaching journey to continue to develop and grow in confidence. The focus is to give trainees a deeper understanding of working with hands-on adjustments as well as the opportunity to gain the invaluable experience of working within a public class setting with an experienced teacher on hand for ongoing mentoring.
We have just four openings available for the scheme with priority going to graduates from our 200-hr training programme. Each person will need to commit to apprentice in one class a week for a minimum of 6 months (though there is some flexibility to swap the classes when required). The apprentice will accrue between 40 and 50 apprenticing and mentoring hours which can then be put towards a 500-hour Shala School of Yoga advanced training should you wish to gain an advanced certification. Each apprentice will be assisting Gingi in his Mysore classes and receiving advice and teachings throughout. Each week you will be required to write down observations, as well as questions you have, all of which will be discussed in more depth in mentoring sessions. Half-hour one-to-one mentoring sessions will take place every month during which time you will be given feedback and additional guidance.
Mondays 6.30-8pm (reserved)
£750 for 6 months
- Graduation from the Shala School of Yoga 200-hr programme or equivalent course
- Minimum 3 years experience of own ashtanga self practice (should be practicing full primary series)
- Experience of practising with Gingi
- Availability to commit to one Mysore class a week over a period of 6 months
How to Apply
- If you are a graduate from our 200-hour programme please write max of 500 words stating why you wish to do the scheme, including your availability/preference for weekly time slot and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are new to the Shala School of Yoga, please complete this form
Mysore Class with Gingi Lee from Gingi Lee on Vimeo.